
Owl/ Pocket Watch: This one happens to be both, but it would be awesome because both of these options just look so smart and so stylish.

Waist cinching tops, can anything scream more flattering? I think not.

Flirty vintage-y looking dresses. In my opinion one of the quickest and easiest ways to look awesome.
Coats with boots, skirts, and tights: It's cold where I'm going, don't ya know.
Retrieved: Two coats at Last Chance (second hand store) , can't wait to actually use them. One is a puffer and the other is a classic black girly trench.


Vests, Vests, Vests. I just can't get enough. They make boring tops interesting. They forgive unflattering lines in a shirt They create an more rocker, more chic, more Indie look to whatever I throw it with. They are layerable yet light for summer and captivating in the crazy layering process of fall. How could I not want another one?


Dark dark red lips: with blonde hair like mine they look absolute fabulous. They remind me kind of the vintage vampire kind of look, it's dramatic in a tasteful manner.
Retrieved: at ULTA, Rimmel Lipstick in Bordeaux. Can't wait to try it with winged eyeliner.


Layers of Pearls: Coco Chanel is probably the poster child for this look, but these can't go wrong since they are such a classic. I probably will do the tip from a magazine or J.Crew catalogue and attach a brooch to them as well. That is a challenge to myself because I not only don't wear much jewellery right now, but I'm very unmotivated to wear ladylike jewellery.
Retrieved: 50% Goodwill day, after a good bleaching session, they were ready to go. And they didn't cost over $5.



White/off-white/beige skirt: Done with a leather jacket, it screams to me "Hey hot Italian boy, sweep me off your feet on to your sweet vespa." But then it can also take on the persona of super sweet collegiate prep or whatever you throw on with it. It is very romantic but in a very versatile and open-minded way. Plus it breaks up the monotony of dark dreary colours in a winter wardrobe but is light and airy for summer. I think it would be a very worthy investment.

White pumps go hand in hand with the white skirt: they break up the monotony of darks in an outfit but are a classic and a neutral. Some time ago I watched the, "Summer, Kind of Wonderful" episode of Gossip Girl and fell in love with the "White Party" concept, so there's motivation #1. And then just looking at random summery pictures and photo spreads in magazines confirmed this desire. Ironically I used to hate the color white because I thought it just made me look fat and made me self-conscious in every way; but, if the fit is done right, then why worry about it? Not to mention it shows off a great AZ summer tan.
:)Long chic boho-ish tunic: I probably will make this but I've had this look from Lucky Brand Jeans for yearssss and I still love it as much as I did when I found it. I think it would be great under a white button up, skinny jeans, and boots in the fall.
One challenge I'm going to make for myself is to make all the standard styles or trends of summer transition into fall which includes the following:
light and bright colors
hippie/nautical chic
nautical
white, lighter neutrals
florals, florals, florals
light vintage romantic


Ruffled and Lacy tops, very classically chic as both Keiko Lynn ( a favorite blogger of mine) and the oh-so-fabulous Audrey Hepburn demonstrate that it works as a classic and a new update.


And last but certainly not least, oxford heels. The closest thing to an ankle boot I will get, but I absolutely love this because they look whimsical in a woman's wardrobe, and seem to be the sensation shoe for every vintage blogger's wardrobe. Love it love it love it!
Retrieved! : Happiest purchase, $6 at Maurices up in College Town. Surprise!
So what's on your wish list for Fall?
No comments:
Post a Comment